NOTE: THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY INCOMPLETE AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tools of the trade… Not only do I Debianize themes I find to be worthy of the attention they so deserve. I also write tools to make creating a theme almost as easy as click a few times, answer a few questions and you have almost an entire theme minus GTK / Metacity theme.
- Tools I have created:
- USplash Maker
- GDM Maker
- XSplash Maker – This one is brand new
I would love nothing better to shed light, better it is coming, Plymouth please speak to me. I want someone to maintain this site. Only 1 of 11, I am losing. A Plymouth maker is not above me. A days coding. I hate it worse then you. I can not do my job.
Lets get started.
- Ultimate Edition Nautilus scripts?
- TheeMahn’s Usplash Maker (TUM)
- TheeMahn’s GDM Maker
- TheeMahn’s XSplash Maker
- Other tools
Ultimate Edition Nautilus Scripts is a collection of useful scripts to extend the right click functionality of Nautilus.
As of Version 1.4 Package contents:
- Auto Thumbnail
- Browse as root
- Convert image to GIF
- Convert image to JPG
- Convert image to PNG
- Copy to …
- Copy to Desktop
- Copy to Download
- Copy to Home
- Link to …
- Link to Desktop
- Link to Download
- Link to Home
- Move to …
- Move to Desktop
- Move to Download
- Move to Home
- Open with gedit
- Open with gedit as root
- Search in current folder
- Set image as wallpaper
- Terminal Here
Theemahn’s USplash Maker (TUM) is a Nautilus extension that makes USplashes based on the users architecture (32 bit / 64bit). You simply right click a picture and hit make USplash & answer a few questions and you have a USplash. Thanks to the help of redteam the images are now palleted producing color coordinated progress bar.
This tool has been quite popular, now re-written to "work" as it should the deb I am about to provide will install pre-requisites for you, the #1 complaint with the previous version. I have also enhanced the tool to pallet your images (with help of redteam) making the progress bar use colors within your image. I have made USplash’s using pics taken from a digital camera, a few clicks done.
Step by step screenshots:
TheeMahn’s GDM Maker is a simple tool designed to create GDM’s as a Nautilus script. You simply right click a image in Nautilus and hit MakeGDM, answer a few questions and a tar.gz is sitting in the same folder to be loaded into the login manager. Please note: The gdm’s created will only work in GDM 2.20 or less IE Jaunty or less.
Step by step screenshots:
TheeMahn’s XSplash Maker is a fairly complicated tool designed to create XSplash’s as a Nautilus script. You simply right click a image in Nautilus and hit MakeXSplash, answer a few questions and a deb is sitting in the same folder ready to be installed. Please note: You can only have one xsplash installed at a time, if you wish to install anoth XSplash you will need to remove the previously installed xsplash. The XSplash maker will provide you the command to remove it should you decide to change it.
Step by step screenshots:
The other tools included in this deb are mainly geared for productivity. Some are written by me. Eventually all of them will. I intend to remove the dependancy on ubuntu-tweak; if necessary I will write each one of then in one of 3 languages.
- Auto Thumbnail: Will thumbnail images into a folder called thumbnails based on size selected by the user.
- Browse as root: Will fire up Nautilus as root.
- Convert image to GIF: Will convert selected image file to a gif.
- Convert image to JPG: Will convert selected image file to a jpg.
- Convert image to PNG: Will convert selected image file to a png.
- Copy to …: Will bring up a dialog to ask you where you wish to copy the selected file(s).
- Copy to Desktop: Will copy the selected file(s) to your Desktop.
- Copy to Download: Will copy the selected file(s) to your download folder.
- Copy to Home: Will copy the selected file(s) to your home folder.
- Link to …: Will create a symbolic link for the file(s) selected in the folder selected by the dialog box.
- Link to Desktop: Will create a symbolic link for the file(s) selected on your desktop.
- Link to Download: Will create a symbolic link for the file(s) selected in your download folder.
- Link to Home: Will create a symbolic link for the file(s) selected in your home folder.
- MountISO: Will mount an ISO (disk) image.
- Move to …: Will prompt you where you wish to move the currently selected file(s).
- Move to Desktop: Will move the currently selected file(s) to your desktop.
- Move to Download: Will move the currently selected file(s) to your download folder.
- Move to Home: Will move the currently selected file(s) to your home folder.
- Open with gedit: Will open the currently selected file(s) with gedit.
- Open with gedit as root: Will open the currently selected file(s) with gedit as root.
- Search in current folder: Self explanitory.
- Set image as wallpaper: Will set the currently selected image as your desktop wallpaper.
- Terminal Here: Will open a terminal in the currently selected folder.
- Terminator: Will open a terminator (multi-window terminal) in the currently selected folder.
It is highly suggested that you use the repository to install this application to ensure you get the latest version.
Repo method of installing:
sudo apt-get install ultimate-edition-nautilus-scripts
Download:Ultimate Edition Nautilus Scripts (20.14 MB)
Hits: 4447 hits
A collection of useful scripts that extends nautilus right click functionality.
UL LI LINK INDIVIDUAL TOOLZ
The Widget Factory:
The widget factory is an excellent tool for verifying a theme to look as it should. ADD MORE VERBOSE DESCRIPTION
Installing The Widget factory:
sudo apt-get install thewidgetfactory
To start the widget factory (in a terminal):
ADDITIONAL TOOLS WILL BE ADDED HERE
StartUp Manager, or SUM, is a gui tool for changing settings for Grub, Grub2, Usplash and Splashy. SUM should work with recent versions of Debian and Debian-based distributions such as Ubuntu.
Installing Startup Manager:
sudo apt-get install startupmanager